Sunday, January 18, 2009

Random




So there I was driving along a Florida back road when I see the above
sign. Who knows why, but I was so amused by this sign and it left me
thinking of a number of things which I will share some with you now.

1st - I was about to get out of my car to snap a picture of this sign
when I thought AM I NUTS?!?!? (turns out this time I'm not). If the
sign is true then some killer Florida panther could be waiting right
outside my minivan, so I stayed put.

Then I started to think of stupid stuff like holy cow what if you got
a flat tire on this strip of road, I would be losing lug nuts all over
the place constantly worried some panther was lurking in the backround.

Or if you hit a panther (say like you hit a deer) do you get out of
the car to check on the injured beast? I say NO because unlike bambi,
if his guy is not hurt I'm a goner!

I could go on and on but I'll spare you and stop here. Point is this
has to be one of my most favorite street signs to date. Who knew?!


6 comments:

shell said...

and do they travel in packs?

Unknown said...

Count yourself lucky if you ever see one! There are only 80-100 left and sightings are very rare.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Florida_panther

Jaylene said...

Haha.... Panthers and alligators... makes me a little nervous about this state. Keep the Transformer close by. He may come in handy.

Lauren said...

how close is the panther and the mountain lion? In colorado we are taught to play dead for the bears and run like hell for the mountain lions. Good call on staying put! :)

Brian said...

With respect to panther and other similar wild things, you only have to outrun the slowest member of your group!

Anonymous said...

Oh Brian, that was hilarious. I laughed out loud. Thanks for the giggle.